Lockdown and Me

Lockdown and Me

 

People think lockdown is such a disadvantage because of the amount of time being lost and the loss of opportunities to make our country better. However, I don’t seem to think so. Opportunities come and go but it is up to you to take it. I took it. I spent most of my time making sure my homework was up to a good standard while also making sure none of my homework is overdue. Other than that, I do some mental maths and I am learning Sanskrit. Sanskrit is an olden language in India which is now the roots of many languages present today. This is the perfect time to know your family better, so I took advantage of that and introduced game nights. Game nights are when me and my family play board games till dinner. I had work to do in the night but nothing to do in the day, so I decided to focus on art and sketching. I would say my favourite types of drawings are kawaii and anime. I also spent time on painting which is something I need to still work on to make it better. That’s when two good opportunities at once. My English teacher told me about Foyle Young Poets of the Year Awards which got my attention towards my poems. I consider myself as a pretty good poet however my family don’t think so. So, I decided to take their advice and researched about all types of poems. I decided to also increase my vocabulary by reading up new words and making my English more professional. After that I decided to join the REWT competition too. The REWT competition is a platform for all individuals from the age of 5-18 to express what every child has been doing during the lockdown. It can be either in the form of a song, poem, story, video or drawing. I have also spent time on seeing 5-minutes craft cooking hacks to improve my cooking to make sure this year I can participate in the rotary competition. Last year with a lot help and care of Miss Roberts I managed to come first in the north east rural area and second in district but I lost in the regional so I decided to work harder to try again this year but now because of coronavirus and hygienic reasons everything is up in the air. I also make sure to map out and share my ideas to the environment club. The environment club consists of Arjun Sudhakar, Mansi Singh and me. We are planning to film a music video. So, we are working hard to continue our work even during the lockdown to make sure we don’t miss anything. We make sure we are updated and try to think of new ideas. I would say in art my two biggest weaknesses are origami and painting so instead of running away from it I decided to try it out. However very often it doesn’t end well. Either my paper tears or it has too many crumples because of folding it again and again. Well besides that I have been doing dance fitness with a website known as cure fit. It is very fun and it engages me for at least an hour. I  also make sure to speak to my grandparents who are currently in India because they are very learned and they are very fun. Thank fully I have plenty of activities to do during the lockdown. But I am very eager to come back to school and spend time with my dear friends and my respected teachers.

Image result for LOCKDOWN AND ME CUTE

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

let the past be past.....

Harry Potter

*Act Of Kindness And Goodwill Story*